There are some laws you need to consider before sending Marketing campaigns.
Our CRM gives you a brief data about this, however, we recommend investigating more about local and international laws to best understand the full details that apply to your business.
The CAN-SPAM Act sets regulations for commercial messages, as well as gives email recipients the right to unsubscribe. This law aims to ensure that companies remain compliant throughout all of their email marketing endeavors.
There are 7 guidelines that are important to follow:
- Don’t use false or misleading header information.
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines.
- Identify the message as an ad.
- Tell recipients where you’re located.
- Tell recipients how to opt out of receiving future email from you.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly.
- Monitor what others are doing on your behalf.
You can find more about this law here:https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business
Canada's Anti-spam Legislation (CASL)
Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) protects consumers and businesses from the misuse of digital technology, including spam and other electronic threats. It also aims to help businesses stay competitive in a global, digital marketplace. Learn about the legislation as well as how to protect yourself from spam and how to report it when necessary.
You can find more about this law here: https://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home