What is the relationship between text and images in the deliverability of your email campaigns?
Email marketers should keep the following points in mind when planning an email campaign:
- 80% of the email should be text. At a minimum, try to include 400 characters of text in your email. This will help you achieve a good ratio of text to HTML.
- Images should cover only 20% of the email and should have no more than 40% exposure.
- Images should have mandatory alternative text (alt tags).
- Avoid the concept of "one image will serve the purpose of the e-mail".
- Use multiple images, but at the same time make sure that the border of one image does not overlap the other.
Emails without a balanced relationship between text and image will not allow users to search for them after a certain amount of time.
Test your email well and check how it appears in different clients. During these tests, keep track of load times. Ideally, choose the versions that have the lowest load times.