This checklist is meant to help you review the common implications of the GDPR regulation, for your email marketing activities.
Note: GDPR rules affects how your company process personal data in every area of your business, while marketing communications are the less affected by this new regulation (as E-privacy in the EU or national data protection regulations were already effective), we recommend that your company receives legal counsel regarding specific implications for your company. Please note that this guide does not constitute legal advice.
A. Including the rights of the data subjects for accessing and modifying their personal data.
B. Clear information about your company use of personal data for your business and marketing activities.
C. Information about your digital user tracking technologies.
2. Make sure that your website forms include your updated privacy terms and conditions URLs.
3. Review that your website forms don’t have the checkbox of consent / permission pre-checked.
4. Include in all your communications the Opt Out / Unsubscribe link.
5. Record and store your contacts consent for receiving your marketing communications.
6. Create a data protection email for example email@example.com
7. Setup your email Preference Center for allowing the Right to Access as well as allows them to request to the Data Controller (you) their Right to Rectification, Data Erasure or Right to be Forgotten.